The DPA & GDPR May 2018
We and this website complies to the DPA (Data Protection Act 1998) and already complies to the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) which comes into effect from May 2018. We will update this policy accordingly after the new regulations take effect.
- translatingyourtext.com collects your information when you register on the site and when you place an order
- This information includes your basic personal information as well as certain financial information in case you plan on performing a transaction.
- As per the Consumer protection laws, translatingyourtext.com guarantees the absolute privacy of all of your information.
The information collected includes:
- Name, and contact information, such as email address, phone number, mobile telephone number, physical address, and (depending on the service used) sometimes financial information, such as bank account numbers
- Personal information you provide to us through correspondence
- Additional personal information we ask you to submit to authenticate yourself if we believe you are violating site policies (for example, we may ask you to send us an ID to answer additional questions online to help verify your identity)
- Information from your interaction with our sites, services, content including, but not limited to, device ID, device type, location, geo-location information, computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the sites, ad data, IP address and standard web log information
How does translatingyourtext.com use your information
- Your information is never shared with anyone who is not related to the company or to the project at hand. That said we use your information for various parts of the processes of completing your order. Note that all these protocols exist to ensure a fast and accurate turnover.
- We never share any of your personally identifiable or transactional information with any person or entity, other than as set out in this policy.
- No other third party receives your personally identifiable information or other transactional data
- The information we collect is used to improve the content of our website, used to notify consumers about updates to our website and for communications, such as customer service.
What are cookies? Cookies are small files saved to the user’s computer’s hard drive that track, save and store information about the user’s interactions and usage of the website. This allows the website, through its server to provide the users with a tailored experience within this website. Users are advised that if they wish to deny the use and saving of cookies from this website on to their computers hard drive they should take necessary steps within their web browsers security settings to block all cookies from this website and its external serving vendors or use the cookie control system if available upon their first visit.
Website Visitor Tracking
This website uses tracking software to monitor its visitors to better understand how they use it. The software will save a cookie to your computer’s hard drive in order to track and monitor your engagement and usage of the website, but will not store, save or collect personal information.
Any downloadable documents, files or media made available on this website are provided to users at their own risk. While all precautions have been undertaken to ensure only genuine downloads are available users are advised to verify their authenticity using third party anti-virus software or similar applications.
We accept no responsibility for third party downloads and downloads provided by external third party websites and advise users to verify their authenticity using third party anti-virus software or similar applications.
Contact & Communication With us
Users contacting this us through this website do so at their own discretion and provide any such personal details requested at their own risk. Your personal information is kept private and stored securely until a time it is no longer required or has no use.
Where we have clearly stated and made you aware of the fact, and where you have given your express permission, we may use your details to send you products/services information through a mailing list system. This is done in accordance with the regulations named in ‘The policy’ above.
If you have any concerns about our policy please contact us, using our contact form.
Policy Last updated: 13th April 2020